Soldier Field Stadium
Soldier Field Chicago first opened its doors to the public in 1924, when it was known as the Grant Park municipal stadium. Even then, the Soldier Field Chicago was an integral part of the city’s events and entertainment scene, often accommodating crowds of over 100,000 people.
Nowadays, the venue is arguably most well known as the home of the NFL’s Chicago Bears. However, Soldier Field Chicago’s capacity of 63,000 also makes it a popular venue for a wide range of other, sporting and non-sporting events. Concerts, rodeos, circuses, fireworks displays, soccer and even skiing and other snow sports all feature on the Soldier Field events schedule. Indeed, many of the biggest names in entertainment have made appearances at Soldier Field Chicago over the years, including Madonna, U2, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones and Sir Paul McCartney.
And the venue’s use isn’t just limited to famous names or sports teams. Soldier Field Chicago (both indoor and outdoor areas) is available to rent for your own corporate events, trade shows, charity walks and weddings to name but a few possibilities.
For all the latest news and up-to-date information on what’s happening at Soldier Field Chicago, check out the Soldier Field schedule of events above.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.162
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!